When is the last time you called a customer service number and spoke with an actual human being?
At ComFi, we value the true meaning of customer service and strive to provide the best experience possible for every individual who purchases from our website. That’s why we employ a staff of real life, human representatives who personally respond to each and every customer suggestion, question and concern!
Penny Boss Calling Card & Jupiter Phone Card – ON SALE NOW!
Click on card to view rate and usage details.
Save 10% on any purchase of $20 or more!
With expired gift cards earning millions for the retail industry each year, consumers are weary about purchasing anything with value that might not be used instantly – and rightly so!
Everyone knows that phone cards are the best way to save money for short term calling needs, but few realize that calling cards can actually help to save money year round on long distance and international calls no matter how infrequently they are used.
Listed below are the 5 most common Phone Card problems and some tips to help you avoid them!
1. I didn’t speak to the person I was calling – but my phone card minutes have gone down!
- When a phone call lasts for more than thirty seconds, the calling card may automatically assume that the call has been connected and will charge for the minimum time period as set by the calling card’s rounding details. This could happen whether or not the phone call has actually connected, as the phone card is not able to recognize when a customer begins speaking. To prevent your card from deducting minutes – hang up your call before 30 seconds have passed. Do not allow the phone to ring for more than twenty-five seconds or to connect to a voice mailbox or answering machine. If you are unable to reach the person you are calling you may attempt to call as many times as you would like without being charged as long as you hang up before 30 seconds have passed.
Read more about the history of the telephone card below!
1876 – The telephone is invented by Alexander Graham Bell in the city of Boston, Massachusetts.
1927 – AT&T allows individuals to make a three minute phone call from the United States to London at a cost of $75 dollars. Local phone calls can be made at a rate of $6 per minute.
1975 – SIDA, an Italian vending machine manufacturer invents the first phone card as a solution to a widespread coin shortage throughout Italy. Cards were enabled with a magnetic strip and were inserted into public payphone readers that deducted minutes.
1984 – Computer chips replace the magnetic strip on phone cards and increase their effectiveness by making cards difficult to replicate illegally.
Howard Jonas is a leader in the telecommunications industry and the founder of IDT Corp. – The following is a list of quotations on successful business strategies and ideologies from his autobiography On a Roll.
From hot dog stand owner to internet superpower – Howard Jonas has truly realized the “American Dream” and continues to be a leader and innovator in the Telecommunications industry. Listed below are ten quotes from autobiography about leadership, business ethics and success.
- If you have an idea, don’t over-prepare, just go for it.
- In business if you don’t innovate, you’re dead.
- Include as many people as possible in the company’s decision-making process and listen to what everyone who advises you has to say.
- Employees put much more of their heart, soul and creativity into a company when they’re given a lot of independence and know their contributions are valued.
- Test before you spend.
Did you know that approximately 15-25% of US cell phone users are using prepaid cell phones?
Prepaid cell phones are an excellent communication solution for anyone looking to make domestic calls within the United States and are perfect for:
- Parents who’d like to give their teenagers access to cellular communication without having to worry about huge overage fees.
- Temporary residents who will be staying in the US for a short time and would like to have a reliable phone number.
- Individuals with bad credit or low credit ratings who wants to own a cell phone.
- Anyone looking to purchase a cell phone without committing to a lengthy contract.
Prepaid cell phone refill cards purchased from ComFi cost less than cards purchased in stores and can help you save when using pay-as-you-go phones! Receive automatic discounts on purchases and top up your phone instantly after receiving the PIN and instructions via email!